About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Pins Linky Party

Can I just start by saying, "I just love, love, love this Linky Party?" I am a Pinterest addict. Sometimes I find a pinner and think that they would maybe be my best friend because we have the same tastes in food, clothing and ideas! I am linking up with Cara at The First Grade Parade to share some of my favorite pins.
 
My Favorite Teaching Pins

1.  This Just Write pin from jmeacham.com/ has saved me.  There are so many times that I get my kids started on their writing and then I get busy with a student or with something else and I lose track of time. Or, I have those kiddos that will start to write and within a minute they say that they are done.  With this board, I can chose a time and the kids have to write until the timer goes off.  Very easy.

2.   Labeling things in the beginning of the year can take a lot of time.  I usually saved my mailbox labels for last because I hated peeling off the old labels and putting on new ones.  I found this pin from teachingwithloveandlaughter and it has saved me tons of time.  All you need to do is attach a sticker with your kids's name on it to a binder clip and clip it to their mailbox slot.  I love it!  At the end of the year, you can send the clip home or attach a new name to it for the next school year.


3.  I will admit, I am a hoarder.  I started teaching with NOTHING in my room.  I had to find EVERYTHING that I needed.  Because of that, I saved EVERYTHING.  I have 4 huge filing cabinets stuffed crammed full of things.  They are an eye sore.  I found this pin from apartmenttherapy and am going to do it this year.   Because of teacher blogs, Pinterest and Google Docs, I have started throwing things.  My goal is to be down to 2 filing cabinets by the end of the school year.  It's all about baby steps for me!
 
My favorite Accessorize/Clothing I Want finds
1.  I love necklaces but sometimes have a tough time deciding if my necklace really goes with what I am wearing.  Thanks to this fun little find, I can now run to Pinterest if I am stumped on what to wear!  kellyvphotographyblog has so many fun ideas. 
2.  After seeing this fun pin at fashionworship, I decided I needed to get myself a fun pair of colored shorts. I am all about the coral & mint colors this summer!
3.  Chevron.  Need I say more?  I jumped on the Chevron bandwagon this summer.  I learned about Hazel and Olive through Pinterest this summer and found this fun dress that I just had to have!  I can honestly say, "It is one of the best purchases I have made!"  I get compliments and this little number everywhere I go! 

 
Pinterest has changed my teaching style and has helped me keep organized!  I love finding new things there everyday.  If you want to see other fun finds of mine, you can check them out here... My Boards.
 
Have a great weekend.  I can't wait to pin more finds from this fun Linky Party.
Sara


6 comments:

  1. Im loving the chevron dress!

    Sending Tons of Teacher Love Your Way,

    Lori

    Second Grade Serenade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to do a lot of purging myself. It's hard to get started, but once you get started it's rather a freeing feeling. Good Luck1
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara,
    I love the idea of the binder clips, just repinned it! (I just had to fight with autocorrect about the spelling of that, kept correcting it to repined, LOL. Clearly autocorrect needs to be updated with new words!) Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I've just nominated you for The Liebster Award for Discovering New Blogs. You can find out more about this at my blog (www.mrspreslarsclass.blogspot.com). I'm also your newest follower! Congrats!

    Christine
    Preslar's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that chevron dress! I've also nominated your for the Liebster Award. Swing by my blog to check it out!

    Mary Kate
    Windy City Learning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm also a fan of this app! there is so much useful information in it .. I constantly find interesting ideas for my http://editing-services.org/grammar.php work!

    ReplyDelete