This week was a pretty relaxing week for me. My spring break is ending which makes me pretty sad, but I had a great time with my kids. Here are 5 things about my week...
1. I finished my Chick Unit and am pretty excited about that!! We'll be putting in our eggs when we get back to school. You can find my unit here...Lifecycles-Chicks-Math-and-Literacy-Unit-2-Common-Core-Aligned
2. I did a lot of sleeping in! I think I am officially caught up on sleep. My sons and I stayed up late almost every night and slept in until past 10:30 A.M. every day. We ordered pizza one night at 11:30 p.m. It arrived shortly after midnight. The next day we all slept until noon. It's going to be hard to break our new habits.
3. I took my boys to see the Easter Bunny at the mall today. My youngest said he didn't want to go. When I asked, "Why?", he responded, "Have you seen how big his eyes are?" This is the closest we got to seeing him!
4. I learned a huge lesson today after taking my sons to Perkins for breakfast. My oldest son, who is 11 asked for 2 waffles with strawberries. Thinking it would similar to getting 1, 2 or 3 pancakes...I found out differently. This is what they brought out to him.
Ummmmm....TWO PLATES! When I got my bill it said that his TWO waffles were $18!!! NEVER.DOING.THAT.AGAIN!!! If he ever wants to order anything off the menu for that expensive again, it better be a nice steak or shrimp meal! My meal was cheaper and I ordered the shrimp platter. Lesson learned.
5. This one is kind of nerdy but...my kids and I play the License Plate game. Anytime we go anywhere, we keep track of the different states that we have seen. We have been trying to find Hawaii for the longest time, but have never found it! Today we were driving home from the mall and this is what we saw!!!
They were both so excited and started
It's been a great week! To those of you that have spring break next week, ENJOY! I know I sure did! I hope you all have a great Easter!