About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Friday, March 29, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday Linky Party. 

This week was a pretty relaxing week for me. My spring break is ending which makes me pretty sad, but I had a great time with my kids.  Here are 5 things about my week...

1.  I finished my Chick Unit and am pretty excited about that!!  We'll be putting in our eggs when we get back to school.  You can find my unit here...Lifecycles-Chicks-Math-and-Literacy-Unit-2-Common-Core-Aligned

2.  I did a lot of sleeping in!  I think I am officially caught up on sleep.  My sons and I stayed up late almost every night and slept in until past 10:30 A.M.  every day.  We ordered pizza one night at 11:30 p.m.  It arrived shortly after midnight.  The next day we all slept until noon.  It's going to be hard to break our new habits.

3.  I took my boys to see the Easter Bunny at the mall today.  My youngest said he didn't want to go.  When I asked, "Why?", he responded, "Have you seen how big his eyes are?"  This is the closest we got to seeing him!

 
 
4.  I learned a huge lesson today after taking my sons to Perkins for breakfast.  My oldest son, who is 11 asked for 2 waffles with strawberries.  Thinking it would similar to getting 1, 2 or 3 pancakes...I found out differently.  This is what they brought out to him.
 
Ummmmm....TWO PLATES!  When I got my bill it said that his TWO waffles were $18!!!  NEVER.DOING.THAT.AGAIN!!!  If he ever wants to order anything off the menu for that expensive again, it better be a nice steak or shrimp meal!  My meal was cheaper and I ordered the shrimp platter.  Lesson learned.
 
5.  This one is kind of nerdy but...my kids and I play the License Plate game.  Anytime we go anywhere, we keep track of the different states that we have seen.  We have been trying to find Hawaii for the longest time, but have never found it!  Today we were driving home from the mall and this is what we saw!!!
 

They were both so excited and started yelling screaming, "We finally found Hawaii!"  If this is your license plate...you made my sons day!!! 

It's been a great week!  To those of you that have spring break next week, ENJOY!  I know I sure did!  I hope you all have a great Easter!
Sara

7 comments:

  1. Those waffles were HUGE! But so was the bill:( I was on break this week too and not quite ready to go back on Monday!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not ready to go back either! We have a report day on Monday, so the kids have one more day off. :)

      The waffles were huge and he did a pretty good job of polishing them off.

      Good luck on Monday.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara! I am so glad you stopped by! I love your ideas! I am your newest blog follower and TpT follower! I wish I got to teach chicken life cycles because your packet is amazing! The 2nd grade teacher hatches chicks and does the whole thing. I will show it to her! The waffle story is hilarious! I can just imagine the looks on your faces when they brought them out! I wonder why the server didn't mention the fact they were each bigger than your son's head?! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great Spring Break! We're enjoying ours right now!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you do with your chicks after they hatch? Just found your blog, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue for checking my blog out. My sister and brother-in-law live on a farm. They give us the chicken eggs and they take the chicks back after they have hatched. It's fun showing the kids pictures of the chickens that the class from last year hatched. :)

      Delete