About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Monday, April 1, 2013

Shout Out Linky - A Monthly Party

Today was our first day back from spring break and it went pretty well!  I got tons done as we had no kids today.  It was a report card day. I had done most of mine at home last night so today was dedicated to doing a spring cleaning of my room.  I went through tons of bins and gave away or tossed tons of stuff.  I still have a lot left to do.  My whole motivation to throw and toss things came from one of my shelves breaking.  I had so many old journals, books, notebooks, etc. on it.  When taking stuff off the shelf, I realized that I had stuff sitting in there that I hadn't used for the 6 years I have been in this school.  I will admit, I am a hoarder.  I think it stems from my first year of teaching.  I walked into a completely empty classroom.  Now I could probably furnish 3 classrooms.  Someday I hope to get better at throwing stuff away.

I also had fun setting up my chick corner in my classroom today! Every year I think my parents wonder who I am and how I got so obsessed with chicks.  I grew up on a farm.  When I was little we played in the chicken coops, in sheds and in barns.  We lived outside and lived in the woods, climbing trees, riding our bikes and just having fun.  As I grew older, I became more of a city slicker.   I get so grossed out by things that I used to play in.  Every year I call my dad to ask for tips about hatching chicks, setting up the incubators and just general questions.  I think my mom laughs and really doesn't believe that it is ME calling.  I love, love, love watching my kids faces as the chicks hatch and when they hold them the first time.  Seeing them soooo excited gets me so excited.  I didn't take pictures of my corner today but will when it's all finished.  If you are doing chicks, I have a word wall freebie for you to grab.

You can get it here...Chicks: Word Wall Words
 
 
I am also linking up with Growing Firsties and her Shout Out Linky - A Monthly Party. 
 
The first person that I would like to give a Shout Out to is Sarah Cooley at First Grader...at last!
She was the first blog that I stumbled upon when I had no idea that the blogging world existed!!!! I have gotten so many fantastic ideas from her and thought that maybe I could do a blog too.  Check her out! 
 
You will get some great ideas from her!  I promise!!
 
The next person that I would love to give a shout out to is Michelle at First Grade Best.  Blogging is really intimidating to me yet.  She was the first one that I was brave enough to email with a couple questions that I had.  She was very sweet and responded to me with her answers which helped me a ton!  She's got so many wonderful ideas on her blog too.  :)
 

 
Do you want to link up with a Shout Out Post? Please keep this in mind...Shout Out two bloggers - one with more followers, one with less...link to the specific blog post with the shout outs (not just to your regular blog address)..
Shout Out Linky -

A Monthly Party

co-hosted by Growing Firsties & Teacher to the Core

 
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Sara
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment