1. Today was my husband's last day at his job. He starts a new job on Monday. He left work early today to come with me to have my son's cast removed. We had the best day.
The whole time he had his cast on, he complained that he could feel something moving in his cast. He would say a mosquito or a bug flew in it. Today when his cast was removed there were some dead bugs in it! It was so gross! I felt so bad for him! It always cracks me up when they ask if we want to keep the cast. UMMMMM....NO!!!! The initial smell just about makes me gag....I don't know what I would do with the actual cast.
He had an orthopedic brace made for his finger. He has to wear it when he is rough housing or just being a boy. When asked about playing video games the doctor said, "YES!!' He said that it is actually good therapy and teased us saying he'd write a prescription for it if need be.
2. After the cast removal, we went to the 5*8 Club and had Juicy Lucy's. OMGosh! They are the best!!!
3. After dinner today we went to Ikea. We just went to look around. I was trying to get ideas for bins that I want in my room. I found some great deals.
My other find was these little stuffed toys. I will use the beach ball next year when we have our Swim and Read Day. I am planning on using the owl (which happens to be a puppet) during Morning Meeting. Only kids with owl on their hand will be able to talk.
4. We have a new curriculum this year. We are using Benchmark Literacy. Soooo, I have to do all my word wall words over and all of my sight word lists. I have been working on this all week.
Originally I was going to have a black and white theme in my room, but now after finding my picture, I am going to change the background of these to blue or green. I will be adding them soon. There are 500 word cards altogether.
5. One of my sweet first graders gave me a gift certificate to Benihanas for Teacher Appreciation Day. My husband also had a birthday and got a free meal there. So, we went to dinner this week to use the certificate before it expired.
I tried Octopus while there! It was really chewy and not that bad! I don't know if I'd order it again, but I tried it! :)
Finally, I am adding a number 6. Tonight I bought these from an online garage sale. For $10 I got all these.
That's all for tonight. I hope you have a great weekend!