1. Our last day of school was on Tuesday. I read these cute books to my kiddos.
Hooray for You is one of my favorites. It talks about how unique each person is when they are born. It lead perfectly into our classroom awards ceremony. I told them that they were all unique and that they would be getting an award that was unique to them. They loved trying to figure out who was going to receive each award when I said the title.
2. On the last day of school two of my little sweet first graders sang me a song. With permission from their parents I am posting it here.
It was sweet and I had lots of tears. I am so proud of all my kiddos this year and the gains that they made.
3. On the first day of summer break my boys and I go to Ihop. We have been doing it for years. We have breakfast and then come home and be lazy. We usually don't leave the house for a couple of days...just because we love staying in our pj's. Why go anywhere when you don't have to?
Every year I order the fruit crepe with cream cheese in the middle. This is the only time we go here and I LOVE it!
4. I added a new resource to my TPT store. Before doing my guided reading groups next year, we will be working on Fluency Phrases. Each guided reading level has 10 phrases. This will hopefully help them become more fluent readers and they will remember their sight words better.
5. I finally created a Facebook page for my blog. You can find it here. First Grade Funtastic.
That's about it for my week. I hope you are all having a great one! :)