Hi! I hope you are all having a fantastic week!
This year has been so crazy, busy for me! We just ended my son's football season. As fun as it was to watch him play, we are happy to have our weekends and 3 nights a week free again. I am also adjusting to my new teaching position in kindergarten! I love it! The last part of our classroom was finished today. We now have blinds! Whew! As if my life wasn't busy enough I started taking the last classes I needed to make some lane changes.
To procrastinate a little more from doing report cards and from preparing for our upcoming conferences. I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her 5 for Friday linky party.
1. We ended the week by doing our "Coffee and the Newspaper" activity. I told my kinder kids that they are learning to read this year and that this is a skill they will need for the rest of their lives. We talked about all the places we'd need to read or that we would see words. I told them that their parents probably read the newspaper in the morning. We were going to pretend that we were adults and read the newspaper. They had to look for the sight words that they have learned so far this year in the newspaper, cut them out and glue them to a sheet of paper. To make it more fun, we were going to have "coffee" and donuts. I brewed a pot of "coffee" in my coffee pot and put *hot chocolate* in cups. They really thought they were drinking coffee. Some caught on to me but played along. :) We also had donuts. After about 30 minutes we cleaned up and the kids shared the words they found in the paper. They were amazed that they knew some words.
2. Voting was a huge hit in our classroom this week. The kids thought I was crazy when I asked what their name was and where they lived when they were checking in to get their ballot. Oreo cookies and outside recess won in our election.
3. I am sooooo in love with these SnapWord cards. I can't believe I haven't heard about them prior to this year. My kids are doing AMAZING with them. We have only been using them for two weeks. Most of my kinder kids know 15 words already! AFTER ONE WEEK!!! You can find out more about them HERE. They are the best thing for my kiddos. I have purchased set A and B and will get the rest when I can.
4. I have been procrastinating in getting my work done for my classes. It'll have to get done before the 30th. I hope my kids and I are done getting sick. I can't put this off any longer. I read one book this week. :)
5. I finally have an Isokinetic disc for EVERY one of my kids. I have had some sweet parents purchase some for my class and I finally splurged and got the rest. You can find them here.
The kids sit on these and can wiggle in their seats. They love them and I love them!!
I hope you have a great weekend!