About Me Freebies Home Image Map

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sight Word Fun

I hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving break.  I can't believe we only have 3 more weeks of school until Winter Break.  Yikes!  Time is flying so fast this year.

We have been really working hard to learn our sight words in kindergarten.  Our kids have to know 50 words by the end of the year.  To be honest, this scared me a lot.  After working with my kids and doing some Pinterest and blog searching, I found lots of ideas to try.  I found out about SnapWords and am so happy I did!  My kids know around 35-40 of their words already and it's not even Christmas!!  I was so happy with the sight word cards, I ordered the ABC ones to see if I could help a couple of my kids that are struggling to learn their letters and sounds.  The data below was after 1 week of using them.  We are now at week 4.  

I try to do some kind of activity every day with my kids.  I am loving the sight word books that Maria from Kinder-Craze does.  My kids LOVE them.  You can check out her books HERE.  I found a mini book for each of the sight words that we have to teach and bought them.  My kids do so well with them.  It takes about 15 minutes to do a book.  

I just completed my Bubble Gum Sight Word pack.  I have 50 words added to it right now...but will be adding 50+ more to the pack.  They will be 50% off through Sunday.  Then they will be marked 28% off for the TPT sale.  You can find it HERE.  These are samples of what you will find in the pack.  








I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend,  
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment