1. If you haven't seen or used the Aging Booth App...I highly recommend that you try it. I took pictures of almost 75 first graders this week and we laughed sooo hard. Some of the kids loved seeing themselves. Some were maybe a little scared. They asked if their picture was REALLY what they were going to look like when they were older. They laughed at their pictures and they laughed at their friends. It was so much fun!
I printed all the pictures and we did this fun project.
They turned out really cute!
2. I had the MN Viking Cheerleaders come and read to my class. ALL the kids were sooo excited!
3. Our first grade team dressed as 100 year old ladies for the 100th day. I had a hard time taking them seriously! LOL! I am lucky to work on a team of ladies that I enjoy working with. :)
4. We are loving doing Reader's Theater in my classroom. This week was the first time I did the plays with my WIN (WHAT I NEED) groups. We talked about using expression, fluency, eye contact, etc. while doing the plays. I am impressed with how well they did! The kids drew the setting of their plays. I then took a picture of it and used Veescope on the ipad to add their setting as a background. They stood in front of the green screen to present. I added the plays to YouTube.
The plays were from a pack purchased from A Teeny Tiny Teacher. I purposely put the plays on green paper because I didn't want the paper to cover their faces when I was recording them in front of the green screen. All the green disappears. I am still trying to decide if I like it?
I have permission to share this one. I am so proud of these girls!
5. We celebrated the 100th day on Thursday. We did tons of fun activities throughout the day!
|Writing 100 words.|
|Decorating the number 100.|
|Reading books related to the number 100.|
|We played Bingo.|
|100 piece puzzles.|
|Rolling the dice 100 times and tallying what number came up.|
|Stacking 100 cups.|
|Making something out of 100 cubes.|
I hope you are having a great day!