I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her May 31st Five for Friday Linky.
Here are my random photos/events from the week.
1. Monday was Memorial Day. We went to my parents and had a BBQ. My parents found out they would be losing their trees soon. We took pictures of the boys in the trees they have climbed since they were babies. It's going to be sad when they are gone. My dad fought hard to get the power lines moved...but he lost.
My dad and me in front of all the trees.
2. My husband had a birthday this week. We went to Applebees to celebrate.
3. We had Swim and Read Day (Tuesday), Watermelon Day (Wednesday), Track and Field Day and Ice Cream Day (Thursday) and Author's Tea this week.
We each got a piece of watermelon and picked out the seeds and had a seed spitting contest.
Our Seed Spitter Winner.
My son at Track and Field day.
My class was yellow.
Making Ice Cream. Shaking it in bags.
All done and ready to eat.
Author's Tea. The boys were so cute in their ties.
The girls were cute in their dresses too.
4. We had Author's Tea today! It was so much fun! The kids did a great job reading their stories.
The front of my room. Our theme was a Hollywood theme. The high school let me borrow their stands that they use for prom for our special day.
Each kid made a star with their picture on it.
We had so many parents, grandparents and friends here. The room was packed and we ran out of chairs! It was a huge success. The kids did well.
5. My 5th grade son decided that he wanted to end his elementary school career with a bang. He fell in Phy. Ed. on Thursday morning. At the end of the day one of his friends asked him what happened to his thumb because it was so swollen. He went the to nurse and she let me know that something was wrong with it. I brought him to the ER and found out he broke/fractured his thumb. Poor thing sat through school all day and never said anything.
Tonight we went to TRIA and had the cast put on.
He picked purple and black as his cast colors.
My son and me waiting for the cast to be applied.
Thursday after school we went to the ER and found out Riley broke his thumb. Poor kid.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! We only have 2 days of school left! I will be doing report cards, writing cards to my kids and will be cleaning my classroom.